Walking Tour Banner
About the Tour
Map / Locations
Buy The Book
SalemMo.com
back 48. Original Site of Salem Police Department next
Photo not supplied

Current home of Judicial Building (Block 12)

On this site is where the Salem Police Department stood.  Dent County leased the property to the City of Salem for a dollar ($1) a year beginning January 21, 1957.  That same night bidding was started for the construction of a new police station.  The final bid was $2072.  The construction of the police station was done by Guy Eveland.  Later on the police station was torn down and then the current Judicial Building was built in 1978 by Architect Heagler, Marshall and Hodge and the contractors were Sides Construction Company.

Back Next
Ornament Return to Map ornament
Get The Book! A spiral bound book containing the details and photos of the complete Salem Historical Walking Tour is available for purchase from the Salem Area Community Betterment Association. Proceeds support the Salem Area Community Betterment Association. Take a Walk Down Memory Lane...Click Here To Order.
Salem's Historical Walking Tour is a project of Salem Area Community Betterment Association and the Salem TCRC.
© Copyright 2013 SACBA. Acknowledgements.
Salem Tourism LogoDent County Tourism
Dent County Courthouse
This page is intended to be viewed online and may not be printed. You can purchase a copy of the book at http://www.salemmo.com/walkingtour/BuyTheBook.asp