Walking Tour Banner
About the Tour
Map / Locations
Buy The Book
SalemMo.com
back 40. Moser Motor Company next
Moser Motor Company
Rink Moser

Parking Lot (Block 13) 501 N. Main Street

George and John Moser started in the auto business around 1905 on North Main Street.  In 1925, a large building was erected on the east side, middle of Block 13, facing Main Street.  It was occupied by the Moser Motor Company.  The garage sold the Whippet and Willys-Knight lines of automobiles.  Eddie Knight’s father and grandfather worked for this garage in the 1930’s.  About 1935, when E.A. (Punk) Mooney and Marcus (Rink) Moser took over the garage, they began to sell the Plymouth and Dodge line of automobiles.  They also handled the sale of new parts for their vehicles.  This building had several different businesses located here but was eventually torn down.

Back Next
Ornament Return to Map ornament
Get The Book! A spiral bound book containing the details and photos of the complete Salem Historical Walking Tour is available for purchase from the Salem Area Community Betterment Association. Proceeds support the Salem Area Community Betterment Association. Take a Walk Down Memory Lane...Click Here To Order.
Salem's Historical Walking Tour is a project of Salem Area Community Betterment Association and the Salem TCRC.
© Copyright 2013 SACBA. Acknowledgements.
Salem Tourism LogoDent County Tourism
Dent County Courthouse
This page is intended to be viewed online and may not be printed. You can purchase a copy of the book at http://www.salemmo.com/walkingtour/BuyTheBook.asp