N. MacArthur Street
This was the home of Earl Aubrey Seay and his wife May Druscilla Seay. The house was originally located on the corner of Second and MacArthur Streets. It was moved to its present location on South MacArthur and Hunt Streets. Earl came to Salem with his parents in 1880. They lived in a house that currently is the James and Gahr Mortuary (2010). Mr. Seay, upon reaching manhood, engaged in the mercantile business working at the Butler-Vernon Mercantile Company located at the corner of Fourth and Washington Streets. Mr. Seay was also in business with Irving Bottorff, N.D. Hobson, and T.H. Acuff. The Seay and Acuff Store was located on West Fourth Street. Mr. Seay was also postmaster of Salem for eleven years from 1933-1944. In July of 1919 the Seay family moved from this house into the Orchard home on 202 S. MacArthur.
Earl Aubrey Seay
May Druscilla (Callahan) Seay
Gracia May (Seay) Mackey
Helen Louise (Seay) Barnes
Edward Jefferson Seay
Minnie Virginia (Seay) Covington
Martha Mildred (Seay) Hamblin
William Earl Seay
Druscilla Ann (Seay) Dinzler-Rees
|Get The Book! A spiral bound book containing the details and photos of the complete Salem Historical Walking Tour is available for purchase from the Salem Area Community Betterment Association. Proceeds support the Salem Area Community Betterment Association. Take a Walk Down Memory Lane...Click Here To Order.|
| Salem's Historical Walking Tour is a project of Salem Area Community Betterment Association and the Salem TCRC.
© Copyright 2013 SACBA. Acknowledgements.
|This page is intended to be viewed online and may not be printed. You can purchase a copy of the book at http://www.salemmo.com/walkingtour/BuyTheBook.asp|