Walking Tour Banner
About the Tour
Map / Locations
Buy The Book
SalemMo.com
back 8. Mooney Auto Supply - Block 34 next
Mooney Auto Supply

It was between the years 1944 and 1947 that E.A. (Punk) Mooney and wife Irene purchased the old J.J. Cope lawyer office now located at 4th and Henderson. The building was enlarged, and with Jim Hubbs as partner, the Mooneys operated a Kenyon Auto Store. This business lasted less than a year. The Mooneys then bought out Hubbs and contracted with N.A.P.A. in St. Louis to open Mooney Auto Supply. The store prospered. A brother, Paul Mooney was taken in as a partner, but only lasted a few years. As sole owner once more, the Mooneys remodeled the store again and merchandise increased. In December 1973, the store was sold to Gerald (Jerry) and Sandy Randell. They kept the name Mooney Auto Supply

Back Next
Ornament Return to Map ornament
Get The Book! A spiral bound book containing the details and photos of the complete Salem Historical Walking Tour is available for purchase from the Salem Area Community Betterment Association. Proceeds support the Salem Area Community Betterment Association. Take a Walk Down Memory Lane...Click Here To Order.
Salem's Historical Walking Tour is a project of Salem Area Community Betterment Association and the Salem TCRC.
© Copyright 2013 SACBA. Acknowledgements.
Salem Tourism LogoDent County Tourism
Dent County Courthouse
This page is intended to be viewed online and may not be printed. You can purchase a copy of the book at http://www.salemmo.com/walkingtour/BuyTheBook.asp