Walking Tour Banner
About the Tour
Map / Locations
Buy The Book
SalemMo.com
back 7. Salem Christian Church - Block 26 next
Salem Christian Church

This church was built in 1881. Two of the builders were Milt Bohanan and his son, Frank Bohanan. The cost of the church was $2,000.00. By 1899 the church’s membership had grown to 300 members and had mothered two other churches, one at Sligo, Mo and one at Gladden, Mo. The church continued to grow and in 1913, a basement was dug under the church and a wing was added to each side of the sanctuary to be used for Sunday School classes. In 1955 the new addition was added on the back of the church and included a new baptistry. The addition was built by Cody Morton and John Duckworth.

Back Next
Ornament Return to Map ornament
Get The Book! A spiral bound book containing the details and photos of the complete Salem Historical Walking Tour is available for purchase from the Salem Area Community Betterment Association. Proceeds support the Salem Area Community Betterment Association. Take a Walk Down Memory Lane...Click Here To Order.
Salem's Historical Walking Tour is a project of Salem Area Community Betterment Association and the Salem TCRC.
© Copyright 2013 SACBA. Acknowledgements.
Salem Tourism LogoDent County Tourism
Dent County Courthouse
This page is intended to be viewed online and may not be printed. You can purchase a copy of the book at http://www.salemmo.com/walkingtour/BuyTheBook.asp