Current home of US Bank - Block 26
On the section of Fourth and Jackson Streets, stood a wooden structure which was a Presbyterian Church with a bell tower. The Methodist Church purchased the building and added a wing to the east side of the bell tower. It was dedicated April 13, 1913. In 1924, the wooden church was torn down and replaced by a brick church. This church was dedicated in May of 1925. The Methodist stayed in the brick church until they moved to their present location on east Highway 32 in July of 1968. The First National Bank purchased the property and tore down the church and built the present bank building in 1969. There were a few bank buyouts in the interim and US bank is the current owner and occupant.